Wednesday 19 February 2014

Review: Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in MINT JULIP

Hello lovelies! Yesterday I stopped by Sephora because it's been a while and of course, I did not leave empty-handed. I went by the Stila cosmetics area and this vibrant mint eye liner caught my attention. Since mint is one of my favourite colour and I've been searching for something very similar like it for quite a while I decided to go for it and buy it without thinking anything twice. Stila has always had their Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Turquoise which is very similar in colour when I swatched it in store, but I was looking for a pencil version, not liquid as I planned on using them on my lower lash line and my lower waterline (liquid liners aren't very ideal for me).



I bought my first Stila's Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Mint Julip. If I remember correctly, it was $26. 



For the amount of produce you're getting, I feel like $26 was just a teeny tiny bit on an expensive side (I mean, for the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil, you are spending $24 for a whole pencil at 0.04 oz - comparing to the Smudge Stick which is $2 more for a 0.01 oz, so you're getting lesser product at a more expensive price). The product comes out by a twist. The colour itself is very vibrant, creamy, soft, smooth, and easy to apply.


Here is a swatch of the product on my hand. It is the perfect mint green colour. Today I wore it on my eyes - I lined along my upper lash line and also on my lower water line. It stayed where I left it this morning and have not transferred on my eye lids or to my lower lash line. I'm really impressed with the Smudge Sticks. I've always been curious to try them. They come in so many different colours from a beautiful yellow colour in Canary which looked so beautiful and promising to Turquoise which is as the name suggests, a turquoise colour - a bit darker than Mint Julip but looked as beautiful.

I highly suggest you go to your local Stila counter and try it out. I might look into getting the classic black and brown as well. I have yet to find my holy grail, go-to pencil eyeliner for everyday that lasts and doesn't run or transfer on my eyes. Because of their intensive colour selection, Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner is now on my radar and I will definitely be going back to pick up a few more to play around with.

Until next time
from Film with love,
xx

1 comment:

  1. This is such a gorgeous cover. I personally love the Stilla stay all day liquid liner ranger, it's amazing!
    http://makeupmonster77.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete